Empowering Daily Affirmations to Easily Attract Health, Healing, and Happiness into Your Life. Discover what positive affirmations are all about, why they are so powerful at affecting change, and how to integrate them effortlessly into your daily life. Do you consciously control your thoughts to focus on positive outcomes, or allow your subconscious mind to let negative or unhelpful thoughts take over?
Fortunately, positive affirmations can be used to transform our lives in exceptional ways. Throughout this guide, you’ll learn how to use affirmations to permanently alter the way you think, move away from damaging self-beliefs, and actively pursue the life you want.
“Affirmations are our mental vitamins, providing the supplementary positive thoughts we need to balance the barrage of negative events and thoughts we experience daily.” ~ Tia Walker
Table of Contents
So, What Are Positive Affirmations?
Affirmations are short, positive, powerful statements, that you can repeat to yourself as often as required. They are a highly effective tool, which can be used to create positive and lasting change in your life. Put simply, they are positive phrases about yourself, which describe how or what you would like to be, or would like to attract into your life.
Affirmations definition – dictionary.com the act or an instance of affirmations; state of being affirmed. the assertion that something exists or is true. something that is affirmed; a statement or proposition that is declared to be true. confirmation or ratification of the truth or validity of a prior judgment, decision, etc. Law. a solemn declaration accepted instead of a statement under oath.
A positive affirmation in itself is a beneficial thought or belief that you focus on specifically to produce, or increase the desired result. Affirmations can be an effective method of self-improvement, enabling you to boost your confidence, reduce negativity, improve self-belief, and affect positive change in many areas of your life.
For example, you could focus on the following:
- Health – ‘I feel fitter and more energized every day.’
- Healing – ‘Today I will make resting and healing my main priority.’
- Happiness – ‘I don’t have to be perfect, I’m just happy to be me.’
Affirmations can take the form of:
- Verbal statements
- Silent repeated thoughts
- Written statements
- Audio recordings
Types of Affirmations
There are various types of affirmations, some being more appropriate than others, depending on your requirements. Affirmations can be kept simple, can be extended slightly, or can be made longer and more descriptive.
- ‘I am healthy.’
- ‘I love my body and am grateful to be in full health.’
- ‘I love my body and am grateful to be in full health. I honor my body by eating nutritious foods, getting plenty of exercise, and spending time on rest, every day. I make well-being and health a top priority.’
Shorter affirmations are easier to remember and to repeat quickly and often. The longer ones allow you to define a wider range of target areas and encompass these into your daily focus. There are affirmation statements you can make for different areas of your life.
Note: The mindful application of positive affirmations can help to reduce, or eliminate, the effect of negative thinking. It can also be a powerful method for building strength in areas of our lives we most desire, healing areas of weakness, and allowing us to create the optimal future we aspire to.
Depending on which areas you seek improvement in, or which parts of your life you would most like to influence, you can choose to focus on categories such as:
- Managing fears/doubts
- Forgiveness/letting go/peace
- Personal growth/knowledge
Affirmation Style and Affirmation Statement
- Letting Go: ‘I let go of (negative memories and focus on a positive future)’
- Acceptance: ‘I accept (myself for who I am)’
- Action Oriented: ‘I walk (tall and with confidence)’
- Intention: ‘I build (new levels of confidence every day)’
- Incorporating: ‘I integrate (positivity into every action I take)’
- Gratitude: ‘I am thankful (for those who love and care for me)’
“Success will be within your reach only when you start reaching out for it.” ~ Stephen Richards
Use these Powerful Positive Thinking Strategies to Immediately Eliminate Stress and Negativity Today!
- Why are some people always in a good mood and others are not?
- Did you wonder what they do differently?
- Do you want to live a more fulfilling life where you are happier, not stressed, and have more energy?
- You want to be happy and feel in control all the time.
The uncertainty in life keeps you from thinking in a positive light. You worry about nothing. Am I going to get that job? I guess they are not going to hire me because I have a coffee stain on my shirt. Does she/he like me? I guess she/he is going to reject me if I ask him/her out. Many people have these worries on day to day basis. As a result, they suffer from depression, lacking self-esteem, and lack of confidence.
Positive thinking is to approach unpleasantness and uncertainty more positively and productively. Although many people are not aware of how they think, they still tend to think negatively about a situation that has not even happened to them yet. Now, you will learn how to evaluate your thoughts and apply the secret strategies today to unleash a happier life and a peaceful mind.
“The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it.” – Eckhart Tolle
What are the benefits of Positive Thinking?
Optimism or positive thinking has a variety of benefits ranging from physical, mental, and emotional. Here are some of them that you can acquire:
- It increases your ability to cope with stress.
- Optimism strengthens your immunity.
- It is good for your health.
- Positive thinking boosts motivation.
- It opens up opportunities.
- It allows a more harmonious relationship.
- Optimism increases your tolerance to pain.
- It elevates energy.
- It encourages others to be in the same frame of mind.
Ways to Overcome Negative Thoughts
Negative thoughts would come bombarding your mind and would overflow in your everyday life if you do not rein them in. As we have learned earlier, you always have the power to choose which kind of thoughts you want to entertain. If you are the kind of person who has become exhausted with thinking about unfounded undesirable outcomes, then you can start overcoming negative thoughts in your everyday life.
Here are a few tips that you can apply whenever you feel like pessimism is slowly taking hold of your mind:
- Choose happiness
- Challenge your negative thoughts
- Replace negative thoughts with positive thoughts
- Stop blaming yourself
- Not to filter thinking
Are you happy at the moment?
Do you like the way your life is right now? Are you satisfied with your job, your family, and the state of your life? If the answer is yes, then you might be happy at this very moment. Asking yourself this question helps you to evaluate if you are happy so you can keep doing the things that make you happy and know the things that are not making you happy if you found out that you aren’t happy. This way you can continue being happy or stop the things that make you unhappy.
You can also take this happiness quiz: Check it out here.
Or, take it here:
Are you suffering?
If you seem to not be at peace, you might want to think twice. Are there things that are keeping you away from being at peace? What are these things that are making you suffer? Figure them out so that you can dissect them and find out a way to deal with them.
Take this quiz to determine how sad you are right now to take the corrective measures and bridge the gap. Depression Test
Are you ready to decide on the kind of happiness you wanted?
You are now aware of how you really are at the moment and what you feel, and why it is now time to decide about the kind of happiness you are going to pursue. Do you think you can handle some major changes in your life as long as you are assured that you will be happy? If yes, then you can proceed to decide what kind of happiness you want to pursue.
Now that you have evaluated yourself, and you know how the state of your emotions are and how you feel, it is now time to know how to pursue your desired outcome. How do you pursue true happiness and achieve it without having too much trouble?
Here are some of the things you should consider if you want to be truly happy.
- Acceptance & Living the Now Onwards
- All men have sin
- Whatever is done is done
- Repent and learn to let go and relieve oneself of any emotional burden or guilt
- The key is doing more good each passing day.
- Believing and practicing the Universal Laws
- Optimism and the law of attraction
Optimism is key to being happy. When you always look on the good side of things, you can see the hidden beauty that others do not see because they do not bother looking. You have to live an optimistic life because it makes you less depressed and happier.
It helps you to not think negatively about other people so that you can get along with them better. On the other hand, the law of attraction is like attracting the things that you want by doing things that are related to it.
Strategies to be Happy
- Setting up your goal
- Vision Board and Inspirational Tool
- Changing your mindset
- Love yourself
- Visit a peaceful place
20+ Positive Affirmations to Add to Your Daily Self-Care Routine
- ‘I have confidence in myself and my ability to achieve whatever I want.’
- ‘I am kind and supportive, and enjoy doing good things for others.’
- ‘I am perfectly okay as I am. I fully accept and love myself.’
- ‘I live my life with courage and optimism.’
- ‘I accept myself unconditionally. I don’t need others’ approval, just to know I’ve done my best.’
- ‘I am unique and blessed to be alive.’
- ‘I am strong in the face of negative influences.’
- ‘I love life and face it head-on, with courage and enthusiasm.’
- ‘I believe in myself and my ability to achieve.’
- ‘I help others when I help myself.’
- ‘I feel energized when I do my best and can help others.’
- ‘I bring out the best in others when I bring out the best in me.’
- ‘I have the power to control my health and happiness.’ ‘I am free to choose.’
- ‘I feel happy, optimistic, and in control.’
- ‘I am open to allowing love into my life.’
- ‘Today is going to be a ‘feel good day.’
- ‘I am blessed in so many ways.’
- ‘I am grateful for this sunny morning as it makes everyone feel cheerful.’
- ‘I am thankful for the loving, caring people I have in my life.’
- ‘The more I am grateful, the more I see to be grateful for.’
- ‘I expect to be healthy and happy, and am grateful for every opportunity to be so.’
- ‘Today I choose to let go of my negative habits/s.’
- ‘It feels great to take control of my life and to make choices based on my health and happiness.’
- ‘I replace self-limiting habits with empowering, nurturing ones.’
- ‘I have conquered the habit of X.’
- ‘I maintain healthy, helpful habits every day, and I am proud of myself.’
To be happy and positive, you need to know more than the strategies for happiness. Embracing the everyday motions of living a positive life takes a lot of endurance and consistency for it to work. It does not matter if you have committed mistakes in the past or if you have failed miserably in attaining happiness once or twice.
What is more important is that you move on from this day forward. Do not expect a knight and shining armor on his white horse who will rescue you and sweep you off of your feet, or any other person who will create your happiness or achieve your own goals. Strive to be the hero of your own life story.
Here’s how to create your happiness:
- Give yourself some time to change
- Be healthy
- Practice mindfulness
- Be creative
- Surround yourself with positive people
- Set achievable goals in your life
- Be content with what you have
- Pay it forward
- Appreciate the little things
- See the good in everything and everyone
- Stop worrying about what others might think
- Take risks
- Make mistakes
- Be the light to people’s darkness
- Always give yourself some alone time
- Be able to forgive others and yourself
- Shed baggage
- Avoid burning bridges
- Remove the negativity in your life