Using gratitude affirmations is a way to actively practice gratitude, boost positivity, and continue on your self-discovery journey. We’re here to help you learn how to use gratitude affirmations and gratitude meditation to change your life.
Although life often gets us down and we often forget that there are so many things and people in our lives that we have to be grateful for. Just think about the things and people that you might take for granted every day: having loving, supportive friends and siblings, having a roof over your head, having meals on the table, and having people that love you, and the list goes on.
It’s very easy to get caught up in negative thought patterns, and emotions and focus on the bad things in our lives instead of the good things. But it’s very normal, and it is very common too. And, that’s where gratitude affirmations and gratitude meditation come in.
Also Read: Flow: The Secret to Happiness
Rewire Your Brain and Feel Happier
As we mentioned, it’s easy to get caught up in the negative things in our life: how stressed we are about work, the pandemic, and things that we don’t have. But when you focus on the negatives, guess how you’re going to feel? Not good.
Using gratitude affirmations will help you rewire your brain. You’ll create new positive thought patterns that will help you feel happier and have a more positive outlook on life.
Gratitude is a powerful tool that transforms any negative situation by adding a positive perspective and makes otherwise ordinary moments even better by reminding us to savor the experience. You can reap the benefits of gratitude, which include better sleep, less stress, and an overall enhanced sense of well-being just by shifting your attitude towards a more grateful mindset.
Gratitude Affirmations and Mindfulness
There will be times when you attach to things and situations that you want, which will make it difficult to be in the present moment. But it’s impossible to be mindful when you’re dwelling on the past or fixated on the future. Instead of appreciating what you already have, it’s easy to focus on what you didn’t get and what you think you need.
As the Tibetan saying goes “the moment we are content, we have enough. The problem is that we think the other way round; that we will be content only when we have enough.”
Maybe you don’t like where you live – you want to move to a bigger house or a better area. Perhaps you resent the fact that you didn’t get the promotion you were expecting or that your friend has better holidays than you. What can release you from your attachment to past failures or future wants? Gratitude.
However small and seemingly insignificant, gratitude happens easily when you notice the small pleasures around you. Start by being aware of and acknowledging the small pleasures in your day, and you’ll soon be consciously looking for things to appreciate. You can find something to make you smile in the simplest of things, but it helps if you keep your eyes open for them.
Identify three good things that have happened during the day. You might want to write them down in a notebook or you might simply reflect on what those things are, while you’re brushing your teeth. Do this before you go to bed every night so, no matter what happened that day, you go to bed happy.
So yes, you missed the train, but, for example, it was a really good cup of coffee that you drank while waiting for the next train, or you met someone you hadn’t seen for ages, or you didn’t have to stand in the rain, the waiting room was nice and warm. No, you didn’t get offered the job, but at least they took the trouble to phone and give you feedback, which was helpful. And, thankfully, you had an umbrella in your bag and avoided getting soaked in that downpour on your way home this evening.
Appreciate knowing that you had good in your day so that whatever any other difficulties, you did have things that made it all worthwhile. And know that thinking like this creates those neural pathways that help to establish mindfulness.
“Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”
As well as being open to what you have to be grateful for – keeping you in the present/being mindful – committing random, spontaneous acts of kindness works the same trick. Opportunities to help others pop up when you are consciously aware of others’ needs.
Invite someone lonely for dinner, give someone who deserves it a bunch of flowers, make someone in your life a chocolate cake, and go out of your way to get some information that you know someone needs.
Gratitude affirmations crystallize mindfulness because when you focus on the events and people in your life that you are thankful for, you raise your awareness of how good you feel right now, in the present moment. It helps put everything in the right perspective and brings you back to living in the moment.
What could you do? Make a difference in someone else’s life with an unexpected act of kindness.
Read here: How to Start Gratitude Journaling?
Here are 20 gratitude quotes for you to enrich your life with the magic of gratefulness.
- “Develop an attitude of gratitude. Say thank you to everyone you meet for everything they do for you.” -Brian Tracy
- “When gratitude becomes an essential foundation in our lives, miracles start to appear everywhere.” -Emmanuel Dagher
- “True forgiveness is when you can say, ‘Thank you for that experience.’” -Oprah Winfrey
- “The Universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself; everything that you want, you already are.” -Rumi
- “I learned a long time ago, that the wisest thing I can do is be on my side.” -Maya Angelou
- “Love yourself a little extra right now. You’re evolving, learning, healing, growing, and discovering yourself all at once. It’s about to get magical for you.” -Idil Ahmed
- “When you are grateful, fear disappears, and abundance appears.” -Tony Robbins
- “Living in a state of gratitude is the gateway to grace.” -Arianna Huffington
- “The real gift of gratitude is that the more grateful you are, the more present you become.” -Robert Holden
- “When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.” -Maya Angelou
- “Don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines.” -Leroy Satchel Paige
- “Gratitude opens the door to the power, the wisdom, the creativity of the universe. You open the door through gratitude.” -Deepak Chopra
- “What separates privilege from entitlement is gratitude.” -Brené Brown
- “Sometimes we spend so much time and energy thinking about where we want to go that we don’t notice where we happen to be.” -Dan Gutman
- “Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us.” -Nicole Reed
- “If you keep searching for everything beautiful in the world, you will eventually become it.” -Tyler Kent White
- “Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.” -Dalai Lama
- “If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you’ll see obstacles.” -Wayne Dyer
- “Don’t let negativity from yesterday dull the sparkle of today.” -Doreen Virtue
- “Instead of thinking ‘I will be happy when,’ try thinking ‘I will be happy now.’” -Unknown
120 Gratitude Affirmations
There are a few ways that you can practice gratitude, and one way to do so is by using gratitude affirmations. Affirmations are positive statements you say to yourself, typically starting with “I am.” They are said preferably out loud, but you can also say them in your head or write them down in a journal – or do a combination of all three. Experiment and see what feels the best for you.
The more you use affirmations, including gratitude affirmations, the more you will believe the statements. They will become ingrained in your brain, and the thoughts will become second nature. Your brain will be more likely to think these positive thoughts than negative ones.
Here are 120 gratitude affirmations that you can use any time of day to boost your mood, channel self-discovery, and feel happier.
- I am grateful for the life I’m living.
- I am grateful to be a part of this amazing universe.
- I am grateful for the blessings in my life, both big and small.
- I am grateful for my family.
- I am grateful for my friends.
- I am grateful to have shelter and food.
- I am grateful for every opportunity that comes my way.
- I am grateful for my freedom.
- I am grateful for the beauty of the nature that’s all around me.
- I am grateful for the sun, the moon, and the stars.
- I am grateful to be able to count my blessings every day.
- I am grateful that I’m able to give and receive love.
- I am grateful that I’m able to make a difference in this world.
- I am grateful for the little things in life that bring me joy.
- I am grateful to be able to feel a spectrum of amazing emotions.
- I am grateful for all the experiences I’ve had in my life thus far.
- I am grateful for all the beautiful places I’ve gotten to see in my life.
- I am grateful to be myself.
- I am grateful for all the modern-day conveniences that I have.
- I am grateful to be alive.
- I am grateful for many things in my life that bring me joy and comfort.
- I trust that what’s meant for me is already mine, regardless of how and when it is mine.
- I am worthy of beautiful endings and exciting beginnings.
- I allow my voice to be heard, my thoughts to be expressed and my vision to be seen.
- I am open to things working out for me. I am open to receiving abundance. I am open to connecting with my highest self.
- I am eternally grateful for all of the blessings I have in my life.
- I am happy and grateful for everything I have and receive daily.
- I constantly remind myself to enjoy all the good I have in my life right now.
- I express deep appreciation for the small steps I achieve each day.
- With every breath I take, I am bringing more and more gratitude into my life.
- Today, I will concentrate on taking one step forward, however small.
- My life is meaningful and important; I am a valuable contributor to the greater good.
- I am worthy because I say so. My worth is in my hands.
- I release the amount of pressure I put on myself.
- I permit myself to trust myself, my guidance, and my intuition.
- All the good in my life comes to me as a result of my willingness to find happiness in each moment.
- Every kind word I express comes back to me multiplied.
- Everything that is happening now is happening for my ultimate good.
- I realize there will be obstacles, but I have the strength to get through them.
- I choose to be kind to myself and love myself unconditionally.
- I see problems as challenges that evolve me and make me grow.
- I always treat others the way I expect to be treated.
- Each day even if it’s for a few minutes I’m going to stop and be grateful for all of life’s beauty.
- Every day I’m going to be more mindful of all of the small blessings that I should be thankful for.
- I am thankful that with each experience I become a better version of myself.
- I create the possibility of happiness for others by being happy.
- It does not matter what other people say or do. What matters is how I choose to react and what I choose to believe about myself.
- I return to the basics of life: forgiveness, courage, gratitude, love, and humor.
- I am creating a life that feels good, and I am in charge of my happiness.
- Happiness is within me. I base my happiness on my accomplishments and the blessings I’ve been given.
- I am humble and continue to learn every day.
- Being kind toward others is very important to me, and I exercise kindness throughout my day.
- As I focus on compassion, I naturally relate to others with love and understanding.
- I am not afraid of what could go wrong. I am excited about what could go right.
- Where I think I am lost, I am ready to feel found.
- As I forgive myself, it becomes easier to forgive others.
- I have the freedom and power to create the life I desire.
- Day by day and thought by thought, I am creating my ideal life!
- I am grateful for everything, the good and the bad because it made me.
- I am ready to encounter opportunities I never thought were possible.
- Today, I choose to think positively and create an amazing and successful life for myself.
- Each day, I am bold, and I walk on my path with courage!
- I am the architect of my life. I build its foundation and choose its contents. I decorate my life with hope, healing, and gratitude.
- Self–acceptance, self–love, and self–care are the habits that I choose to cultivate. I am practicing loving my life.
- I trust myself and turn inward to seek my highest truth.
- I am worthy of great love, and I deserve to be loved fully and completely.
- Every day I learn new lessons, expand my awareness, and develop my abilities.
- Today I am planting the seeds of growth in my life. I am committed to watering them every day.
- I am focusing on the joy of living my life and helping others where and when I can.
- Every person on this planet enriches my life in some way or another. I am thankful to all.
- I realize that every situation in life has some purpose, and I thank the Universe for it.
- The air I breathe, and the ground I walk on, are all a gift from the Universe, I express my gratitude for the same.
- I am thankful to the Universe for allowing me to take birth and go through life’s experiences.
- I am grateful to the universe for manifesting all the wonderful things in my life so far.
- With a sense of gratitude, I see the world in a new light. Each day is an opportunity and a gift.
- I am grateful for my sense of gratitude – I know it is the way to joy, peace, and the life of my dreams.
- I live in a state of gratitude, and I am always thankful for the help and support of others who have helped me along the way.
- Every day is a constant state of learning. Today, I am finding ways to be grateful for what I have while also being excited about what is yet to transpire.
- Wonderful things happen to me for I live with an attitude of gratitude.
- The more I show my gratitude, the more good things I receive to be thankful for.
- I start each day with an attitude of gratitude and sustain that attitude all day long.
- I know gratitude is a daily choice, and I choose to be grateful.
- I am grateful to others for the kindness they show me. I am filled with praise and gratitude.
- I realize that whatever I eat and drink passes through many hands before reaching me. I am thankful to all these people.
- Gratitude changes my focus on what is good in my life.
- With an attitude of gratitude, I live in an awareness of abundance, and I am richly blessed.
- Every day I take time to acknowledge all the good that blesses my life.
- I am so happy and grateful that I am the creator of my reality.
- Today I am grateful to be alive and filled with serenity and happiness.
- Today I will look for the beauty and the gifts in these moments of struggle. I will be grateful for every one of them.
- Every day in every way I get better and better.
- I give myself the care and attention that I deserve.
- I am grateful for my body and the life I have.
- With every breath I take, I am bringing greater and greater clarity into my life.
- I have the energy and passion to make my thoughts a reality.
- My heart is open and receptive to giving and receiving love. I am a magnet for positive loving experiences.
- I deserve to be happy and loved.
- I am willing to believe that things will work out, even if they don’t feel like it.
- I sincerely appreciate all the good things in my life. I sincerely appreciate all the help I receive from others.
- I am in the process of becoming the best version of myself.
- I am forever grateful for all the technologies that allow me to keep in touch with my loved ones.
- I allow my creative energy to flow freely at all times.
- I am grateful for another day to make a positive contribution.
- I accept my emotions and let them serve their purpose.
- I forgive myself, and I allow myself to feel inner peace.
- I welcome and appreciate the good things life has to offer. It is my greatest desire to live every day with unlimited gratitude.
- I am learning valuable lessons from myself every day.
- Today, I choose to think positively, and I create an amazing and successful life for myself.
- I permit myself to do what is right for me.
- I accomplish everything I set my mind to.
- I am a beautiful, unique soul, and I acknowledge that my existence and contribution to this planet are needed.
- I put my energy into things that matter to me.
- I am grateful for my life’s challenges for helping me grow and become who I am.
- I am grateful for my dreams, and I know I have the power to manifest them.
- I love myself, respect myself, and accept myself exactly as I am.
- I choose to be kind to myself and love myself unconditionally.
- Happiness begins with me and me alone. I have the power to create my happiness.
- I am eternally grateful for the love I am capable of giving, and for the love, I am yet to receive.
- Each day I am so grateful for how loved I am and much people care about me.
- Life gives me abundant blessings to be grateful for.
Note: You can use any or all of these 120 gratitude affirmations to start your gratitude journey. Feel free to tweak them or elaborate on these gratitude affirmations to make them fit perfectly with your needs.
- How to Set Healthy Boundaries?
- 22 Peace Quotes to Inspire Love and Tranquillity
- Everyone Is Capable of Love