Are you searching for quotes that reflect the beauty and complexity of mature love? From reflections on the magic of a relationship persisting through change to advise on how to nurture a meaningful, lasting bond, these 10+ quotes illustrate all that there is to experience with mature love.
Table of Contents
10+ Inspiring and Meaningful Mature Love Quotes
The importance of maturity in love cannot be overstated. It’s not just a matter of age, but of being willing to grow and change. If there is no maturity in love, it can fizzle out quickly or become an unhealthy obsession. When both partners are mature, they can weather the ups and downs of life together and build a strong, lasting bond. Here are some inspirational mature love quotes.
Mature Love Quote #1: “We loved with a love that was more than love.” – Edgar Allan Poe.
One of the most poignant quotes about the power and meaning of mature love, this quote by Edgar Allen Poe is both simple and transcendent. It speaks of the authenticity that comes with a relationship that has been nurtured through the years, surrendering itself to its complexities and revelling in its beauty.
Mature Love Quote #2: “Love grows more tremendous when two people, who know the value of each other and their union, come together in maturity.” – Mona Caird
Throughout life, each person must take the time to recognize and appreciate the richness of an experienced, familiar relationship. To grow together and mature through the years while still retaining a sense of love and connection, is a feat that all couples aspire towards. Mona Caird’s words serve as a reminder that true love blooms when two halves understand, nurture, and accept one another.
Mature Love Quote #3: “Loving someone and having them loving you back is the most precious thing in life.” – Natasha Joffe
Love is one of the most beautiful and meaningful things in life, and being able to share it with someone who loves you back is a blessing. With mature love comes a sense of knowing, understanding, and trust that can only come from years of experience together. This quote by Natasha Joffe emphasizes the importance of finding someone to love that will return your affection and provide you with companionship throughout life’s journey.
Mature Love Quote #4: “Love isn’t something you find. Love is something that finds you.” – Loretta Young
Loretta Young’s quote speaks to the importance of not forcing love, that it should come naturally and be something that you attract through life’s experiences. This reinforces the concept of mature love, in that it is something that takes time, patience, trust and respect to build. Finding someone who loves you as much as they understand you can transform a relationship into something extraordinary.
Mature Love Quote #5: “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved despite ourselves.” – Victor Hugo
With this Victor Hugo quote, we see that mature relationships are based on feeling truly accepted and loved, no matter what. This is powerful because it shows how two individuals can come together and understand one another’s flaws, yet still, support each other without judgment or criticism. It is a beautiful illustration of the strength of long-term love.
Mature Love Quote #6:”One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: that word is love.” – Sophocles
This quote reminds us that what makes a relationship strong even amid difficulties and struggles is love. Through hardships, being able to feel unconditional love from your partner can free you from any pain and issues in life.
Mature Love Quote #7:”A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.”- Thomas Carlyle
Love will always be our guide as it provides us with warmth, security, enlightenment, and understanding – all fundamental components to true knowledge and growth together in a relationship.
Mature Love Quote #8:”Love asks me no questions, and gives me endless support.” – William Shakespeare
This is an important reminder not to take each other for granted or expect more than we are giving, rather simply choose to understand each other without judgement or question to create a bond stronger than anything else can ever do.
Mature Love Quote #9:”It takes great courage to open one heart beating with deep-felt emotions of mature love.” – Pearl Johnson
The time has come that you should reach a level where your hearts beat together as one when exposed purely to vulnerable feelings for one another – no fear or shame but pure acceptance, courage and commitment instead.
Mature Love Quote #10:”Real respect is based on mature & genuine love which leads to selfless acceptance within harmony & balance.” – Supreme Buddha
Respect within relationships cannot exist until we understand how much we truly love one another despite our differences; once this bridge built upon two souls’ harmony is crossed, only then will it open to self-sacrifice for each other well-being with complete mutual acceptance from both parties involved.
Mature Love Quote #11: “Love begins by taking care of the closest ones – the ones at home.” – Mother Teresa
By starting within ourselves first, rooting in our principles centered around inner care for our relations externally with loved ones to be placed on sturdy foundations; it would become easier not only to sustain but growing mature love far beyond what we could have dreamed possible at first sight.
Mature Love Quote #12:”To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with.” – Mark Twain
Sometimes sharing joyous moments with partners may be seen as daunting since only intimate feelings are concerned however, experiencing life alongside somebody who understands you more than anyone else grounds those taking-flight moments where you truly learn the depths of genuine happiness reaching heights unimaginable alone.
The following may also be of interest to you: Reviewing the Heartfelt Narrative of Colleen Hoover’s “It Ends with Us”
Mature Love FAQs
What is maturity in love quotes?
- “Real, sane, mature love—the kind that pays the mortgage year after year and picks up the kids after school—is not based on infatuation but on affection and respect.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
- Falling in love you remain a child; rising in love you mature. By and by love becomes not a relationship, it becomes a state of your being. Not that you are in love – now you are in love.” – Osho
- “Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.” – Bruce Lee
- “Mature love is loving, not being loved.” – Irvin D. Yalom
- “Mature love is union under the condition of preserving one’s integrity, one’s individuality. Love is an active power in man; a power which breaks through the walls which separate man from his fellow men, and unites him with others; love makes him overcome the sense of isolation and separateness, yet it permits him to be himself, to retain his integrity. In love the paradox occurs that two beings become one and yet remain two.” – Erich Fromm
- “Love can’t mature in one room. It has to come out of the full sharing of everything: joys, aspirations, downfalls, all of it. That’s the only real path to love.” – Leon Uris
- “Even love matures. It’s like a flower. Cherish it while it blooms.” – Hisaya Nakajo
- “The most important thing in a relationship is not what you get out of it, but what you put into it.”
- “A strong relationship requires choosing to love each other even in those moments when you struggle to like each other.”
- “If you want something to last forever, you treat it differently. You shield it and protect it. You never abuse it. You don’t expose it to the elements. You don’t make it common or ordinary. If it ever becomes tarnished, you lovingly polish it until it gleams like new. It becomes special because you have made it so, and it grows more beautiful and precious as time goes by.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “There is no lovelier, friendly, and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage.” – Martin Luther
What is the deepest love quote?
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
- “We are most alive when we are in love.”
- “The only thing we never get enough of is love, and the only thing we never give enough of is love.”
- “There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.”
What is the best quote for love?
- “As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.” – John Green
- “Loved you yesterday, love you still, always have, always will.” – Elaine Davis
- “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” – Angelita Lim
- “I love you not only for what you are but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- “A real lover is a man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” – Maya Angelou
- “I’ll be loving you, always with a love that’s true” – Patsy Cline
- “Thinking of you keeps me awake. Dreaming of you keeps me asleep. Being with you keeps me alive.” – Unknown
- “I need you like a heart needs a beat.” – One Republic
- “When I say I love you more, I don’t mean I love you more than you love me. I mean I love you more than the bad days ahead of us, I love you more than any fight we will ever have. I love you more than the distance between us, I love you more than any obstacle that could try and come between us. I love you the most.” – Unknown
What is maturity in love?
The key to maturity is being dependable in a love relationship. Being dependable means keeping your word; it means living in your relationship as if your word meant something. Dependability is synonymous with integrity.
What is maturing in a relationship?
Maturity in a relationship is the ability to love unconditionally and to adjust to certain circumstances, people, and times when necessary. It is also the ability to allow your partner to pursue their interests.
Ways to Become More Mature & Responsible in a Relationship?
- Set goals. Professional and personal.
- Practice self-control.
- Stay persistent.
- Respect other people’s opinions.
- Build self-confidence.
- Take ownership.
- Listen more.
- Avoid negativity.
What makes a person mature?
Mature people – whether young or old – have principles guiding their decisions and can move forward rather than simply reacting to life’s options. Their character is master over their emotions, even though they recognize their emotions as important.